Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass Essential Oil is steam distilled from grass leaves. There are two types of Lemongrass essential oil, this traditional type and a hydrodiffused, which is steam dislled with the grass in water. The traditional is more dry, in scent, and has a stronger anchor than the hydrodiffused.
Therapeutic Use: Lemongrass essential oil is well known for its detoxing effect on the tissues, where it has a strong therapeutic effect on congested skin. Also a great antiseptic and a good choice for natural cleaning solutions where the anti-depressant activity will help to create an uplifting environment. Lemongrass is a powerful oil and should be used in low dilution only to avoid irritation.
Fragrance Impact: With its clean, lemon like fragrance Lemongrass is uplifting and pleasant, with a slight earthiness. A great choice when you need to give a blend some lift.
Skin Care: 0.05 - 0.1%
Body / Hair Care: 0.1 - 0.5%
Spot Treatment: Not recommended
- top note / slight middle bridge
- sharp citrus / strong lemon scent
- combines well with food type notes, especially ginger, the sweet citrus oils, green notes, herbals and cineole's
- BATH / BODY / SKIN
- oil control
- PSYCHOLOGICAL / EMOTIONAL
- for a detoxing effect try combining with ginger and grapefruit
- for a great environmental cleaner try combining with lavender and eucalyptus
Caution: Aromatherapy warns against the use of Lemongrass during pregnancy.
INCI: Cymbopogon flexuosus (Lemongrass) Leaf Oil