Peppermint Re-Distilled Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil is steam distilled from the flowering tops of the tasty herb. This re-distilled variety is much sweeter, in fragrance, than regular Peppermint essential oil. The perfect peppermint fragrance for holiday blends. If you prefer to have the more traditional, more sharp, version try our Peppermint Supreme.
Well known for its soothing effect on the nervous system where it relieves tension and irritation. Peppermint essential oil is also a great choice for opening the sinuses, especially helpful when you need to do a sinus treatment, with a decongestant, but can't even breathe it in due to blocked sinuses, Peppermint will open them so that you can do your treatment. It is a must have for your personal first aid kit. Daniel Penoel, one of our favorite AromaMedicine authors, suggests using it to relieve the sting of minor scrapes as well as being a cooling compress, on the back of the neck, for headaches and hot flashes.
Also a great choice for your diffuser, nebulizer or aroma stone. Try using Peppermint whenever you need to ease a headache or clear congestion or whenever you just want to create a clean, fresh, environment.
||0.2 - 0.5%
|Body / Hair Care:
||0.2 - 1.0%
||Up to 30%
- Top Note
- Combines well with cineol's and woods
- Add to any blend, at trace, to offer a lighter top note with more lift
- Do not use at more than 2% of any long term blend as the peppermint will create an off smell over time
- BATH / BODY / SKIN
- pain relief
- PSYCHOLOGICAL / EMOTIONAL
- try combining with lavender and eucalyptus for a decogesting blend that will clear the sinuses and not keep you up at night
- try breathing in peppermint oil to open the sinuses when you need to inhale the more clearing oils but can't breathe through your nose to get them into your sinuses.
INCI: Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Essential Oil