EasyFoam (Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate) is a natural, food grade, anionic surfactant derived from the sodium salt of fatty acids and sarcosine amino acids. EasyFoam is one of the oldest running cleansing agents and has been used in dental hygiene since the original production of toothpaste. Unlike many others on the market, the Ingredients To Die For EasyFoam (Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate) is pure and a min. 95% active.
Like the Lactylates, EasyFoam is of acyl structure making it ideal for natural cleansing systems where it offers an abundance of soft light foam.
Offering unsurpassed hair support, and smooth feel on application, this is the surfactant of choice for all of your natural hair cleansers.
The high water solubility makes this the perfect choice for foaming bath powders, bath bombs, and bath powders or soaks. When you develop bath bombs with the classic baking soda and citric acid you can take them to the next level by giving them a nice foaming quality with the addition of EasyFoam. As the bath bomb begins to fizz it will create enough friction to produce the foam taking your fizz bath to a foam bath, and the ultimate bath soak. This may also be added to bath salts and have them added to running water for foam. Don't forget, you can also add emollience to your bath bombs and bath powder soaks by adding a small amount of your favorite carrier oil so that you can offer your customer the ultimate foaming, emollient, bath bomb or bath powder soak.
See our Formulary for basic information on making your own bath soak information and bath bomb starter recipes.
- Increased Body
- Increased Suppleness
- Improved Sheen
- Improved Texture
- Damage Repair (physical or chemical processing damage)
- Effective but Gentle Cleansing
- Won't Strip Moisture
- Leaves Skin Feeling Soft
- Bath Bombs
- Bath Powders
- Powder Bath Soaks
- Shaving Creams
- Bath & Body Wash
- Face Wash
- Laundry Products
- 4.0 to 20%
- Add to Water Phase
- Additional Surfactants Recommended for Optimal Foam Stability in shampoos and liquid cleansers (formulate for total 30.0 to 40.0 total actives with all surfactants)
- Employ Adequate Measures to Avoid Breathing in Vapor While Processing any Surfactant Systems
- Do Not Get In Eyes
- Read and Understand the MSDS Prior to Working With This or Any Material
||White to Off White Powder *
||Characteristic - Low
||Cool, Tightly Sealed, Protect from Moisture *
||24mos. When Stored / Handled Properly
||7.0 to 9.0 (10% water sol.)
* EasyFoam is hygroscopic and contains no anti-caking or flow agents. Exposure to moisture may change physical characteristics which does not impact performance. If your application requires the powder to be smaller or smoother then it can be mixed with a dispersion blade or even a stick blender to break it up more smoothly.
It is important to have your work area clean, and covered, if possible as it does get messy. We do also advise the use of a good particle mask to avoid breathing in the powder as any solids have the potential to be respiratory irritants. Proper manufacturing procedures should be followed when handling this and all raw materials.