What are the benefits of Quinoa Protein, Hydrolyzed?
Pronounced (Keen-wa), Quinoa protein is hydrolyzed from the Quinoa grain, through an enzymatic process.
Quinoa Protein offers a unique combination of molecular weight amino acids offering enhanced penetration for hair and skin nourishment along with film forming activity for greater repair, hydration, and shine.
Quinoa protein is characterized as being more like an animal protein, than a vegetable protein, due to its amino acid profile. Considered to be a complete protein, it contains all 8 of the essential amino acids with the highest level of protein among grains. High levels of Cysteine, Cystine, Lysine, Methionine, Tryptophane and Tyrosine greatly enhance its ability to assist in the repair, protection, and conditioning of both hair and skin.
HAIR CARE- hair will look smoother and feel silkier, it forms a protective barrier to protect the hair from environmental stresses, retains moisture in the hair, and provides nutrients to the hair. Unlike the rest of the proteins that will each offer protection, repair, or moisturization Quinoa Protein will offer all of these attributes through enhanced hair penetration and substantivity for increased damage repair and cuticle protection. Please see study results* at the bottom of the page.
SKIN CARE- repairs damage and forms a protective barrier on the skin to prevent the environmental stresses from damaging the skin. Binds moisture and provides nutrients for the skin.
- gluten free
- improved lustre
- imparts conditioning
- helps to soothe irritated skin
- improved wet / dry comb-out
- improves volume appearance
- softens / smooths hair appearance
- excellent film former (binds moisture to skin / hair)
- 0.5 to 5% in skin care
- 1.0 to 10.0% in hair care
- add to cool down phase below 110
- add to water phase in cold process formulas
- Skin Care
- Bath and Body
- Creams, Lotions, Sprays / Splashes
- Hair Care
- Styling Aids
- Protein Packs
- Curly Hair Protection
- Pre - Post Chemical Treatments
STUDY RESULTS OF VARIOUS PARAMETERS OF HAIR IMPROVEMENT::
||Amber Non-Viscous Liquid
||Characteristic - High
||Tightly Sealed, Protected from Heat / Light
||12 Months when Properly Stored / Handled
- used at 1%, for one treatment - 16% reduction in damaged areas
- used at 1%, for five treatments - 32% reduction in damaged areas
- Cortex (penetration results)
- used at 1%, for five treatments - 26% reduction in damaged areas
- used at 1%, after one treatment - 27% reduction in stress
- used at 1%, after five treatments - 79%
- used at 1%, after one treatment - 5% reduction in stress
- used at 1%, after five treatments - 83%
- used at 1%, after one treatment - 26% increased reflection
- used at 1%, after five treatments - 51%