Glyceryl Stearate SE (GMSE)
Glyceryl Stearate SE (GMSE) is the vegetable derived glyceryl ester from stearic acid (glycerin and tripple pressed stearic acid) combined with potassium stearate (potassium salts).
Glyceryl Stearate SE (GMSE) is a self emulsifier, of vegetable origin, that offers several key benefits in natural bath, body and skin care systems. Due to the combination of the glyceryl esters, and the potassium salts, it offers the ability to form lamellar liquid crystalline and / or crystalline gel phases when formulated with high water content. You can now create elegant creams, lotions and gels without shear thinning behavior.
Functions as a anionic opacifier, formulation stabilizer, bodifying agent, emulsifier in high water formulations, co-emulsifier in low water formulations. When used in low water formulations you can combine with one of our other natural emulsifiers for enhanced stabilization.
- off white fine granule
- oil, alcohol soluble
- melts at 134F
- store tightly sealed and away from moisture and heat
- 2 year shelf when properly stored and handled
- HLB 5.5
- maintain neutral, to base, formulation pH (4.5 to 9)
- avoid cationics
- avoid acid chelating agents (ethylenediaminetetraacitate (EDTA))
- add to the oil phase
- creams, lotions, gels
- cleansers and shower gels
- conditioners (rinse off and leave in)
- styling products
- fragrance products
- 5 to 15%
INCI: Glyceryl Stearate SE