OliveMulse, also known as Olivem 1000, is a natural, EcoCertified, non-ionic self emulsifier, naturally derived through the esterification of long chain fatty acids, from pure Olive Oil, with Cetearyl Olivate and Sorbitan Olivate. Like our other natural emulsifiers you can feel good about using OliveMulse (Olivem 1000) as your primary emulsifier where you'll be adding the benefits of the Olive Oil backbone, and an affinity to skin, while avoiding ethoxylates, heavy waxes, and other impurities in standard emulsifiers.
OliveMulse functions as a stand alone emulsifier, with no need for additional modifiers, making it a suitable choice for all types of emulsions, from thick creams, to light lotions, and even gels.
OliveMulse or Olivem 1000 forms a liquid crystal structure offering the benefits of improved stability and lipid phase tolerance, allowing for more flexibility in the choice of oil phase ingredients with varying polarity (oil substitutes and vegetable oils), The liquid crystal structure will also offer the final emulsion enhanced glide with no soaping and a superior moisturizing effect through enhanced absorption, As the emulsion spreads across the skin it releases up to 80% of its water, to be utilized by the skin, and improving TEWL*.
OliveMulse or Olivem1000 is tolerant of high, water phase electrolytes, and acids, while also being capable of creating stable emulsions with high oil phase lipids, up to 25%, polar and nonpolar oils, or substitutes. OliveMulse or Olivem 1000 is one of the most reliable stand alone emulsifiers.
- Added to Oil Phase
- Only Suitable for Inversion if Used Below 3%
- Slower Agitation will Result in Thinner Viscosity
- For Thick Creams Use High Agitation
- Final Viscosity is Reached after 24 Hours, with a, Average, 20% Viscosity Increase from Time 0
- Use 2 to 8%
- 6 to 8% no need for additional thickeners or rheology modifiers
- 4 to 5% a rheology modifier (gelling agent) is recommended for enhanced stability
- 2 to 3% and the use of low agitation grants a light, fluid, lotion
- High Tolerance for Electrolytes (Sodium, Potassium), Acids / Alkali's (pH 2 to 12), High Oil Phase (25%)
- Non-Soaping (whitening effect when a emulsion is rubbed on the skin)
- May be Formulated with No Additional Thickeners
- Improves Glide and Smoothness
- PEG Free
- Skin Car • Body Care • Hair Care
- Conditioners, Rinse Out and Leave In
- Sensitive Skin Products
- Cleansers, Shampoos
- Baby Care Products
- Styling Aids
||Off White Flake
||Characteristic, Low Fatty
||Alcohol / Organic Solvent
||Oil, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Water
||Cool, Tightly Sealed, Protected from Heat / Moisture
||36 Months when Properly Stored / Handled
||5.0 to 7.0 (5% Water Solution)
*TEWL Trans Epidermal Water Loss is the phenomenon of water loss, through the epidermal layer, to the outside environment. Our first goal, with intelligent moisturization, is foremost to slow this process as much as possible.