UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) is a state of the art natural thickening agent that offers multifunctional gelling, and stabilizing activity. UltraPureGel will also deliver skin softening properties. Derived from the fermentation of the genus Sclerotium, a filamentous Mushroom. The result is a all natural, ultra pure, polysaccharide polymer. The addition of UltraPureGel to your formulations allows for the development of stable gels and creams that deliver excellent sensory characteristics. UltraPureGel will also improve the film forming properties acting as a natural skin moisturizer and skin soother.
UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) is one of the most stable, of the natural polymers, even in the presence of high heat, products formulated with UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) will maintain their viscosity. UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) is the ultimate rheology modifier ...thickening your products, keeping them stable against high heat, electrolytes, or any other conditions that usually challenge natural gelling agents, improving the feel of the product, the skin, and the hair, while improving natural moisture levels.
When used in formulation at low levels, of 0.5, to 2.0%, UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) will increase viscosity while maintaining good fluidity, flexibility, and pouring, properties.
UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) is also an, extremely, effective suspension agent where it will hold particles in suspension, and eliminate sedimentation issues, making it the perfect choice for use in formulations with pigments and sunscreens.
The multi functionality, stability, and compatibility, of UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) makes it an excellent choice for all personal care products. The non-ionic nature allows it to be used over a wide pH range, of 5.0 to 12.0, and it is compatible with most other thickeners, and most commonly used surfactants. This is the polymer of choice, in formulations with cationic emulsifiers and conditioners, especially BTMS.
UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) is an excellent addition to natural sunscreens. The film forming benefits are particularly suited to these systems where the film forming benefits are helpful in meeting the new requirements of water resistance. UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) will also help to protect the basic emulsion properties when using the natural pigments (zinc and titanium).
- Emulsion stabilizer
- Improves flow of emulsions
- Wide pH tolerance :: 5 to 12
- Offers a nice feel to products
- Viscosity not affected by high heat
- Creates smooth flowing gels / serums
- Improves natural moisture levels in skin and hair
- Gels the water phase for enhanced viscosity without stiffness
- 0.25 – 2.0%
- 0.8 to 1.5% for standard gels
- 0.2 to 0.8% to stabilize emulsions
- 1.5 to 2.0% to suspend in cleansing systems
- 0.3 to 0.6% for spray-able solutions / suspensions
- 0.5 to 1.5% to stabilize / thicken cleansing systems
- Add to Water Phase
- Hydrate alone in separate water phase for maximum viscosity
- Hydrate at the end of water phase for emulsion stability and minimal viscosity
- Styling Aids
- Hair Gels
- Curling Gels
- Creams and Lotions
- Exfoliating cleansers
- Skin Care – UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) will improve the viscosity, and texture, of your emulsions and offer film forming properties helping to improve the skin's natural ability to retain moisture for improved elasticity and skin feel
- Hair Care – UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) is compatible with the hair where it's film forming activity helps to bind moisture to the hair for a healthier look and feel
- Color Cosmetics - UltraPureGel (Sclerotium Gum) improves the suspension properties of any products containing pigments, and other insoluble ingredients, to improve the look, feel, and function.
||White to Light Beige Powder
||Tightly Sealed, Protected from Moisture / Heat
||60 Months when Properly Stored / Handled
||1% Solution = 6.0 to 9.0
||0.5% Solution = 500 to 800 cp