The Product PDF
Guar Conditioner (GuarSilk) is a self-hydrating quaternized guar that offers efficient thickening, and cationic conditioning, without buildup.
In recent years Guar Conditioner (GuarSilk) has become a popular conditioner for both hair and skin cleansing products, as well as emulsions and other personal care products. Guar Conditioner (GuarSilk) provides unrivaled conditioning without unpleasant polymer buildup after repeated use. Referred to as GuarSilk because it offers a perceptible silky feel, and significant glide, to products.
Guar Conditioner (GuarSilk) is a unique hair conditioner derived from the Guar bean, and is a natural hydro colloid. Guar Gum belongs to the legume family and is primarily cultivated on the Indian subcontinent. Small amounts are also grown in Texas and Oklahoma. The gum is derived from the endosperm of the Guar Bean, which contains protein, fiber, and moisture. Through multi-stage grinding and sifting, the endosperm is separated out and then ground to a fine powder called guaran. Guar Conditioner (GuarSilk), and its derivatives, offer several advantages for personal care formulators looking to add conditioning, and improved aesthetics, to their natural product lines, especially hair care. You can use regular Guar Gum as a natural thickener but it will not be a conditioning agent if it is not cationic.
- improved comb-ability
- biodegradable and nontoxic
- improves glide of emulsions
- conditioner for hair (substantive)
- improves natural moisture in skin
- hair and skin feel softer and smoother
- natural and derived from a renewable source
- economical compared to other cellulose products
- positive charge for better bonding to damaged skin and hair
- conditions without causing polymer buildup in hair care products
- one of, only, three main polysaccharides (the others are starch and cellulose) that hydrate in water without chemical or physical modification
- Bath and Body Care
- Hair Care
- styling aids
- leave in conditioner
- 0.2 to 1.0%
- Add to Water Phase
- Add to Room Temperature Water*
- Fully Hydrate Before Introducing Heat
- Maintain Final Product pH between 5.0 and 9.0
||Light Yellow Free Flowing Powder
||Tightly Sealed, Protected from Moisture / Heat / Light / Air
||24 Months when Properly Stored / Handled
For best results: begin high shear mixing of water, add Guar Conditioner to the vortex, pouring smoothly and steadily, and continue mixing until it is fully dissolved, then allow it to hydrate fully before incorporating into the water phase, prior to heating, or, add it after combining all phases, with thorough mixing. Guar Conditioner (GuarSilk) hydrates very quickly and will no longer incorporate the powder, easily, if it hydrates before you get all of the powder into the water. This is not irreversible but, will take two fold mixing (dispersion + propeller) to get it incorporated.
INCI: Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride