OAT POWDER (Avena sativa) ... Oh, the wonders of the magical, natural Oat (Avena sativa). This multifunctional material not only adds a host of benefits to your formulations, but also provides improved stability and viscosity! Standardized to include a whopping 5% Beta Glucans (which boost the skin's immune functions), our Oat Powder (Avena sativa) stands alone in it's efficacy. Oat Powder (Avena sativa) is a natural anti-irritant and has a wide array of skin & hair benefits due to it's ability to soothe irritation, even the irritation associated with alpha hydroxy acids.
OAT POWDER (Avena sativa) can even be helpful in relieving irritation and redness caused by exposure to harsh weather or certain skin conditions such as general skin rash or other dermatitis conditions.
- Reducing sunburn cell formation upon skin exposure to UVA radiation.
- Revitalizes and rejuvenates.
- Repairing the epidermal skin barrier.
- Volumizing hair.
- Inhibiting free radical formation associated with photo- aging of the skin. Stimulating collagen growth as an aid to wrinkle reduction.
- Excellent Film Former.
- Well known propensity as an anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- Outstanding Moisturizing and humectant properties.
- Natural Antioxidant.
- Excellent emollient attributes.
- Helpful in treating skin itching, particularly psoriasis and seborrhea.
- Soothing effect on individuals with sensitive skin.
- Assists in relieving itching due to eczema eruptions.
- Acts as soap-free cleanser.
- Helpful in treating topical concerns in infants, such as diaper rash.
- Tyrosine and Phenylalanine content (the "feel-good" amino acids) make this an excellent thickener for "mood cosmetics"
- 2 to 20%
- add to water phase
- mix occasionally to keep the oat powder suspended and prevent burning
NOTE :: Oat products (Avena sativa) are not expected to contain gluten however, they are processed in a facility that processes ingredients that do.
||Off White Free Flowing Powder
||Miscible in Water
||Tightly Sealed, Protected from Moisture and Heat
||24mos. when Properly Stored and Handled
INCI: Aveena sativa (Oat) Kernel Powder