Cocoa Butter Deodorized is the fat extracted from the cocoa bean, also called cacao bean, or Cacao Butter. Cocoa Butter has been used, since the beginning of time in foods, espeacially chocolate, where it add a depth of flavor and a sweet cocoa fragrance that is irreplaceable. It is one of the most stable, highly saturated, fats known and has a melting point equal to body temperature so it absorbs, almost, instantly.
Cocoa Butter Deodorized is considered to be one of the best moisturizers and has been used to keep the skin soft, and supple, for centuries. It is well known as a soothing treatment for pregnant women working to keep the skin free of stretchmarks but, it has uses in almost any cosmetic products where it will keep the skin moisturized and healthy.
Cocoa Butter Deodorized, used In formulation, is high enough in fatty acids to improve emulsion stability, while offering thickness, without stiffness. Perfect for all of your bath and body products.
||Light Tan / Brittle / Butter / Fat Shavings
||Only Faint Fatty Odor
||Tightly Sealed / Protected from Heat / Light
||30 Months Properly Handled / Stored
- creams and lotions: 2 to 3%
- salves and balms: 2 to 60%
- w/o body butters and creams: 2 to 10%
- conditioners: 1 to 3%
- Damaged Skin
- Stretch Marks
- Skin Care Creams, Lotions, Scrubs, Salves, Balms
- Bath and Body Creams, Lotions, Scrubs
- sun protection products
- Lip Products
- Hair / Scalp Conditioners
- Cocoa Butter is one of the best butters to use for balms, and salves, because of it's brittle texture, where it will help you to create the, ever popular, gelled texture. Try adding 10% Cocoa Butter, and 10% Cupuacu Butter, to your favorite oil blend and you'll have the perfect salve ... to take it up a notch and turn into an aphrodisiac try adding 0.7% of our AT524 Cocoa Therapy, and your salve will smell good enough to eat
- Cocoa Butter is also one of the best butters to use in massage because it melts right into the skin ... just hold one of the discs in your palm and use it for straight massage applications
All butters should be handled, and stored, with the same, preventative, care that you would use for your oils or any other precious material as they are just as fragile.
As we know that excessive, and repeated exposure to, heat is damaging to the quality, of the butters, we do not heat them to pour them into jars for shipping. All of our butters are scraped, shaved or scooped, as needed to package them into jars, without applying heat. Because of this practice butters will always be packed into a container that is, roughly twice the size, of the melted butter. This means that if you order 16oz (1lb) of shea butter it will be packed into a 32oz (2lb) container as it requires twice the space. We would rather spend a little more for the package, in this case, than jeopardize the integrity, and quality, of the butter. If you receive your butter in a warmed condition, due to transit, the container will appear to be less than full. This is normal, and expected, as they are packaged by weight, not by volume.