The Product PDF
Ingredients To Die For's Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate is EcoCert.
Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate is a natural, food grade, emulsifier derived from the sodium salt of lactic acid esterified with lauric acid.
Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate offers unsurpassed skin moisturization and a smooth feel on application. This is the emulsifier of choice for all of your natural products when you want top shelf performance. An excellent choice for your facial products and any products geared toward advanced moisturization. Unlike Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate is a great foamer when your formulation is developed for that purpose.
Due to their sodium backbone the lactylates are able to penetrate the top layers of skin to offer:
- residual moisturization (moisture barrier)
- extended fragrance release
- enhanced delivery of actives
Some important product points to keep in mind when formulating with the lactylates.
- unlike stand alone emulsifiers there is / are no thickening properties
- unlike the more common surfactants they will not respond to sodium
- the lactylate are non-ionic and are therefore incompatible with cationics
- do not use with the cationic proteins (protein plus's)
- do not use with conditioning guar which is also cationic
- off white solid paste
- water soluble
- store dry, protected from heat / moisture
- stable for 12mos when stored / handled properly
- HLBV* 14.4
- 1.5 to 3.0% in emulsions,
- 10.0 to 30% in surfactant systems
- add to the water phase *
- additional thickeners required
- co-emulsifiers recommended for optimal stability
- additional surfactants recommended for optimal foam (formulate for total 30.0 to 40.0 total actives)
- shaving creams
- baby wash
- face wash
- laundry products
- fragrance sprays / pomades
* employ adequate measures to avoid breathing in vapor while processing
* do not get in eyes
* read and understand the MSDS prior to working with this or any material